TradeUp Australia has implemented this policy to ensure personal information that is collected is used appropriately, and those who have a connection with TradeUp Australia, understand how their personal information is handled and, to comply with Privacy Laws.
Collection & Use of Personal Information – general.
- TradeUp Australia collects personal information, including sensitive information, to ensure TradeUp Australia is in the position of knowing that its volunteers are appropriately qualified for the position to which they are appointed. When applying for a position, or by becoming involved with TradeUp Australia, you will be providing TradeUp Australia with such personal and sensitive information.
- Some of the information that is collected is to satisfy TradeUp Australia’s legal obligations, particularly to enable TradeUp Australia to discharge its duty of care. Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of TradeUp Australia, such as Public Health and Child Protection laws, require that particular information is collected.
- TradeUp Australia may be required to disclose personal and sensitive information to certain agencies for legal reasons. These agencies may include schools, government departments or medical practitioners.
- TradeUp Australia collects and uses personal and sensitive information provided by a prospective employee for the primary purpose of assessing and processing the application.
- As part of the production of promotional materials for TradeUp Australia, members may be photographed or filmed, either individually or in conjunction with one or more other members. This material will not be used by TradeUp Australia for the making of profit, but only for activities such as publications and promotions. Where practical, the permission of the individual who is photographed or filmed will be requested in advance.
- All personnel files will be stored under double lock when there is no-one in attendance in the Human Resources office.
Policies can be established or altered only by the Board: Procedures may be altered by the Director.
When making your donation please choose carefully the amount you would like to donate, as we do not issue refunds. When you have made donation, you will receive a receipt within 24 hours.
DISCLAIMER: While all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted by the author(s), its members or volunteers, for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The material provided in this resource has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be relied upon or be a substitute for legal or other professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted by the author(s) for any known or unknown consequences that may result from reliance on any information provided in this publication.