Aim and Objectives
TradeUP Australia is a volunteer based association working with industry and community support to encourage women to see a skilled trade as a viable career option.
- To actively support and market trades to women.
- To elevate the status of apprenticeships in the community.
- To allow industry access to an untapped, under-utilised workforce.
- To encourage women to become practically and financially independent.
By creating and working through these four initiatives;
- Empower – Presenting hand & power tool workshops for women from all backgrounds to gain confidence through practical and building skills.
- Inspire – Direct approach through fun speaking engagements and presentations by successful and passionate female tradespeople.
- Inform – Access to general information and resources about working in a trade.
- Mentor – We connect women, apprentices and female tradesmen through our volunteer program, meet-up events and online forums.